Sunday, September 5, 2010

Answers to L.A. Review

Dialogue practice:
Write this dialogue correctly. I'll post the correct answers tomorrow.

One with mistakes:
help yelled pedro. i fell down into a hole filled with snakes!
oh no! said his friend, roberto. how can i help you
please pull me out whispered pedro i am scared of snakes

Corrected:
"Help!" yelled Pedro. "I fell down into a hole filled with snakes!"
"Oh no!" said his friend, Roberto. "How can I help you?"
"Please pull me out," whispered Pedro. "I am scared of snakes!"

Capitalization and punctuation practice:
Re-write the sentence using correct capitalization and punctuation.

1. miss melodys birthday is in december
2. warren had two sisters their names are lana and sarah
3. someday i want to go to san andres and providencia
4. on thursday i am going to plaza de bolivar
5. what are we going to do on friday

Corrected:
1. Miss Melody's birthday is in December.
2. Warren has two sisters. Their names are Lana and Sarah.
3. Someday I want to go to San Andres and Providencia.
4. On Thursday I am going to Plaza de Bolivar.
5. What are we going to do on Friday?

No comments: