Monday, November 15, 2010

L.A. Review Answers

Here is a link to a blogpost with the story time line: http://hoyengradoquinto.blogspot.com/2010/09/reading-comprehension-review.html

This is a Venn Diagram:


The plot is what happens in the story, or the action of the story.
The conflict is the problem of the story.
The climax is the part of the story where the conflict is the worst, or most stressful point.
The resolution is the end of the story when the conflict is solved.
Characters are the people in the story.
The protagonist is the main character.
The antagonist is the person fighting the main character.
The narrator is the person telling the story.

A rhyme is like "I have a bat, you have a cat", or words that have the same sound (so bat and cat).

1. e
2. f
3. j
4. a
5. l
6. c (or conflict)
7. f
8. d
9. i
10. k

1. simile
2. metaphor
3. metaphor
4. simile
5. simile
6. simile
7. simile
8. metaphor
9. metaphor
10. simile

Punctuation answers:
1. "Miss Melody," said Sofia, "can you help me with this math homework?"
2. On November 15, 2010, I am going to Bogota, Colombia.
3. Wow! I just won a million dollars! I think I will go to Dubai.
4. Do you know where London is?
5. I want to go to Disney World, Universal Studios, and Seaworld in December.

Here are the answers to the spelling fill in the blank.
1.The time after the Middle Ages is called the Age of Discovery because many people were finding new places.
2. My brother and sister are my siblings.
3.I am learning English because it is good to speak another language.
4. Every Christmas we decorate a Christmas tree because it is a tradition.
5. Van Gogh was a painter.
6.The author of Matilda is Roald Dahl.
7.My mother is an architect, which means she designs buildings.
8. Some people believe that when you die you become a ghost.
9. They're my best friends.
10. That is their dog.
Luis Miguel plays guitar and piano. He is a musician.
11. Pollution is caused when we throw trash on the ground, put smoke in the air, or put chemicals in our rivers.
12. "HELP!" yelled Juan Luis.
13. Halloween is a holiday on October 31st.
14. When I write stories or poems I need to use my imagination and be creative.
15.Water is a valuable and renewable resource.
16.Rome and Greece were ancient civilizations.
17.There are many children in Little School.
18. I have many chores, like cleaning my room, doing my homework, and washing the dishes.
19.Mystery and realistic fiction are my favorite genres.
20.Vegetables and fruit are very nutritious.
21. Buses and trains are forms of transportation.
22.In P.E. we exercise because it is good for our bodies and our heart.
23.A person who likes to climb mountains is very adventurous.
24. In the United States, people CARVE pumpkins with scary faces for Halloween.
25.Our solar system is only one small part of the universe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss melody...

what exam do we have first? at what time?

please answer me

Miss Melody said...

Language Arts. 3rd hour.