Thursday, June 10, 2010

L.A. Final: Spelling Words Fill-in-the-Blank Answers

Fill in the blank (practice):

1. My friends like to play with their Nintendo DS's.
2. If the sun is hidden behind the moon it is called an eclipse.
3. The largest planet in the solar system is Jupiter.
4. Pluto is a dwarf planet.
5. When asteroids hit the moon they leave craters.
6. When I write a letter, I sign it "Sincerely, Melody."
7. The Department of Transportation builds roads in Colombia.
8. My friends are going to Missouri this summer; I hope I can go there someday, too.
9. It is our job to protect people from persecution.
10. If a person doesn't have parents she is an orphan.
11. A student who does his homework quickly and gets all the answers correct is efficient.
12. When I write stories I use my imagination.
13. A group of stars that makes a picture is a constellation.
14. Melody and Warren were adventurous when they went to Ecuador because they went bike riding down a volcano!
15. Fruits and vegetables are nutritious and that is why Miss Melody wants us to eat them at lunch.
16. We use the Hubble Telescope to take pictures of the universe.
17. Miss Melody likes to exercise at a gym in Circunvalar.
18. My friends like to dance, but I think they're crazy.
19. The place where the sky meets the ground is the horizon.
20. I want to learn English because it is good to speak a different
language.

For extra credit: Write a story using 5 spelling words that were not used in the fill-in-the-blank. Email it to me or post it as a comment. I will give you TEN bonus points on your language arts final!

6 comments:

antonia arcila duque said...

hello miss melody I am going to write a story of a a space...
ADVENTUROUS SPACE DAY:
one day i were In space chip i went to the planet jupiter and i saw that this planet were the largest planet in the solar system.
and i were persecution for an alien.
the alien speaks a different language and i can not understand nothing.
ANTONIA ARCILA DUQUE

Anonymous said...

the alien are ugly, i go in vacation to cartagena, i use the imagination to do pictures, i need a spaceship to go to the universe, the ditance of the earth to mars are very big. Jorge Andres Nauffal

Miss Melody said...

Good job, Antonia! Just make sure you capitalize the J in Jupiter, and remember that it isn't "space chip," it is spaceship.

Anonymous said...

hello mis melody i am going to write a story of the space is no the same that antonia.

one month i travel to the galaxy and they did`t have gravity.Then i go to Pluto in a space ship i stay all my vacations there . That was the best adventurous that i have in my life.

natalia buitrago

Miss Melody said...

Jorge, your story is good, but make sure you spell "distance" correctly!

Natalia, adventurous is an adjective, not a noun! Be careful!

Anonymous said...

ok thank you ms melody!